Header Ads

Penelope Blue – Ragdoll of the Week



Penelope came to me on January 12, 2019! First, I want to say I was raised with a dog and was never around cats that is until I found my first cat by chance.

I named him, Sweetie Pie, I found him outside one cold February day and he came running into my house and never left my side for 16 years until he crossed the Rainbow Bridge nearly 3 years prior.

I loved him so much and frankly did not think I could love another cat as much as I loved him. I knew that I wanted to have another cat and when I was ready, I planned to go to my local rescue.

On the evening of January 11, 2019, I received the following text message from my pet sitter. “I have a beautiful kitty that needs to be re-homed. I always think of you, wondering what your thoughts on this are on this, let me know when you can.”

I responded back and told her that I was interested but truthfully, I wasn’t thinking of getting a kitten but maybe an older cat. The next message I receive comes with a photo “this is Penelope, she is almost 3 years old and is a rag doll.”

Penelope Blue - Ragdoll of the Week 9

Now, those words rag doll did not mean anything to me as I had never heard of a rag doll cat before. I responded back as the photos was very cute! I asked her if she was friendly like my previous cat as that is a must for me you know Sweetie Pie acted more like a dog than a cat!

Her response was YES, she is super friendly! I asked why they are looking to re-home her? She said the family was going through some personal problems and this was not an easy decision for them. So, the next day I went to meet Penelope and fell instantly in love with her!

Penelope Blue - Ragdoll of the Week 2

I brought her home with me that day and when I opened up her carrier, she ran up my stairs and hid in a bedroom closet. I wanted to cry, I was so worried that she was not going to like me or her new home. I gave her some space and went out and did some errands. I came home around 4 hours later and went up to check on her.

Penelope Blue - Ragdoll of the Week 10

Penelope was still in the closet and as I approached she meowed quietly at me, I reached out and pet her and she did not run, I stood there talking to her softly and petting her and she began purring, and purring and purring and well she has not stopped purring to this day!

Penelope Blue - Ragdoll of the Week 1

I can honestly say my heart is so full she has brought so much joy and laughter to my life I didn’t realize I was missing. She’s so funny, she loves to have her butt and tummy rubbed like a dog.

Penelope Blue - Ragdoll of the Week 5

The moment I come in the door Penelope is there to greet me, then she runs to the carpet in the middle of the room and flops herself down on the floor, rolls on her back and stretches out for her tummy rubs!

I go upstairs and Penelope follows me running up the stairs where she leaps upon my bed, stretches out as if she is getting ready for her own photo shoot! This is where our 2nd ritual/routine begins, the combing/brushing of her beautiful fur coat.

Penelope Blue - Ragdoll of the Week 3

I know when Penelope has had enough because she then gets frisky and tries to bite the comb /brush, when I play with her like that she does bit my hands but she has never ever bitten down on my hands while her mouth is open and on my hand she is still the most gentle cat and has never ever scratched or bitten even in play.

Penelope Blue - Ragdoll of the Week 11

From there we move on to playing with her cat wand which she loves attacking when I move it from underneath the covers. I proceed downstairs with Penelope right behind me and where we do some more playing with her in her pet tunnel.

Penelope Blue - Ragdoll of the Week 6

She is so funny; she takes a running start as she runs into the tunnel then it slides across my family room floor with her inside it! After playing she is ready to eat! I kept her on the food she was on which is Pure Vita Chicken and Pea and for treats she loves her Bonita Flakes, Whole Life Pet Pure Salmon Freeze-Dried Cat Treats and all-natural fish push up treats!

Seal Mitted Tortie Ragdoll Cat

I can’t remember what my life was like without her! She sleeps with me, follows me everywhere, and I mean everywhere! She has to come into the bathroom with me, if I close the door she will meow until I let her in. When I get ready for work each morning Penelope will be in the sink next to me while I put on my make up and do my hair she is napping.

Penelope Blue - Ragdoll of the Week 12

She is absolutely the most BEAUTIFUL CAT I have ever seen, but more importantly she has the SWEETEST and KINDEST SOUL and has filled my heart and my life and I feel so LUCKY TO HAVE HER AS MY OWN! thought could not happen.

Penelope Blue - Ragdoll of the Week 8


Do you have a Ragdoll Kitten or Cat?  Consider submitting your kitty!  Ragdoll of the Week submission guidelines

Read more Ragdoll of the Week submissions.

The post Penelope Blue – Ragdoll of the Week appeared first on Floppycats.



No comments

Powered by Blogger.