Header Ads

Good-Bye 2019 – My Year in Review



It's Summer's year in review, as she looks back at 2019 and shares some of the highlights.

Before I ring in 2020, I wanted to look back at 2019. It was a big year for me, and one of my human’s craziest years ever. Some of it was pretty awful, and some of it was amazing. The amazing parts will continue into 2020 and beyond… that we are sure of!

But for now, it’s time to say good-bye to 2019.

somali cat wearing small tiara

There are two cat shows I usually do in January, including the biggest CFA show on the West Coast, the San Diego Cat show. They have some great vendors, and my human found a couple of awesome tiaras, and a cool hat from headwear maker, Ms. Formaldehyde. I wear one of her creations in my 2020 calendar!

somali cat with poster with photos of her

In February, I did Meet the Breeds for TICA (The International Cat Association) in New York. We’re not doing it in 2020, mainly because the Cat Writers Conference in the summer will be in New Jersey, and my human tries to limit my cross country trips to one a year. Besides, New York in February is cold!

When love means having to say goodbye

My human and her boyfriend actually broke up in December, 2018, but he didn’t move out until March, 2019. That’s because he wound up buying a house in Nashville, and that took a while. Although it was a sad day when he (and Smokey) left, things are much better for everyone and they are both happier apart.

somali cat sitting at TICA booth

In April, I worked a booth at the Pet Expo in Costa Mesa. I also met the cat rapper, Moshow, and he took me for a walk! So it was quite an exciting event.

somali cat in fancy dress for big awards show night

Only a couple of weeks after the Pet Expo, I was off to St. Louis for the Cat Writers Conference! My human and I gave a talk on Instagram, did a book signing, and attended the awards ceremony. My human won a couple of special awards!

somali cat in pink boa and sunglasses

A few weeks later, I landed my first role in a movie, Take Me to Tarzana! It’s just a quick bit part. They still don’t have a firm release date, but they are almost done with post production.

Summer reveals this year's theme of lucky cat world domination day

Cat World Domination Day had a Lucky Cat theme this year.

somali cat and tortoiseshell cat

Only a few days after Cat World Domination Day, we lost Binga. She left a big hole in our home. It was one of the saddest days ever.

The Meet and Greet sign for Summer

In July I did my first meet and greet at Meow MeetUp in Chicago! That was an exciting time! The first day I was a little puzzled since it was so different from my usual experiences but by the second day, I was a pro!

somali cat with cleo, the crash test kitty for Sleepypod

In August, I went to the Sleepypod offices and met Cleo, their crash test kitty! I will be doing some more things with Sleepypod in 2020, and I’m very excited about it.

therapy cat in nurse's outfit, ready to offer purr therapy

I do want to mention that in the midst of all these other activities, I continued to do my therapy cat visits! Sadly, the hospital where I did this visit is closing and I won’t be back in 2020. Every Halloween I wear my nurse’s outfit instead of my therapy vest and it is always a big hit.

Somali Ambassador cat in front of her new SturdiShelter

The big news of the fall is I finally got into CFA’s Ambassador Cat program! This is a big deal, and I get my own carrier, banner, and trading cards! I made my Ambassador Cat debut at a cat show in Glendale.

somali cat posing for pro photo shoot

I also did a couple of pro photo shoots! So far, photos have been released for only one. Photos for the second shoot will be out as soon as the brand releases them.

somali cat mirror images, from another angle

I finished up my professional obligations for the year with a cat show in Portland, OR. That was lots of fun. It also resulted in this powder room photo session that was a big hit with everyone.

Wow, 2019 was a roller coaster, wasn’t it? And I know that 2020 has lots of amazing and wonderful things in store!

* * *

See all of Summer’s merch at her Designercat Shop, available on Zazzle.


No comments

Powered by Blogger.