Header Ads

Fun Time at the Cat Show



somali cat having fun time at the cat show

I had a fun time at the cat show, meeting and greeting all my friends and fans! This is one of many I come to every year. It was my first show I competed in as an adult in 2014, and I’ve competed several times in their Cats In Hats competition (more on that later). But I’m glad I’m a Pet Me Cat now and I don’t have to be shuttled from ring to ring. I did have two relatives here, however, who were in competition. And even though they are brother and sister, they are at two completely different places in their lives.

young somali female cat at cat show

This is Cara, and this show was her first ever, even though she is in the adult class. Her grandmother is my mom. Cats graduate into the adult cat class when they are 8 months old, and that is exactly how old she is. Cara’s brother, Obie, on the other hand, is an old pro, even though he is the same age as her. This was also Obie’s first adult show in CFA, but he has been competing since he was four months old. His shows as a kitten have taken him to a couple of different continents! He’s a very good-looking and special kitty, which is why he has traveled so far to shows. He’s an international quality Somali cat.

female somali cat on judging table

Cara was competing in this show mainly because she will have to travel internationally to her new home in March. So she needs to get out a little bit. While she is a gorgeous cat in her own right, not all pedigreed cats have to be show cats. She just needs a little practice to be ready to travel. My human handled her for this show. She was a bit shy and uncertain of herself at first, but she wasn’t scared.

somali female cat being judged

By the end of the day, Cara’s tail was up instead of down… and she had decided that my human was her new friend!

somali male cat in judging ring

Obie, meanwhile, handled each ring like the pro that he is.

somali male cat with ribbons from cat show

And he did very well for his first show as an adult! He is already more than halfway to earning his Grand title. Cara picked up a few points too, because there were three adult Somalis competing, and she came in second in five of the six rings.

somali cat in ill-fitting pumpkin costume

While these two were busy in the rings, I entertained people. My breeder found some Halloween items at a deep discount at CVS, and picked up some things for me. One was this costume. The head part was a little big, though. Make that a lot too big!

cats competing in cats in hats competition

I didn’t compete in the Cats In Hats competition this year — my human was too preoccupied to put together something for me. So she got to watch the competition as a spectator, and cheer on her favorites.

winners of the Cats In Hats competition

And it turned out her favorite — the white Devon Rex in the middle — won Best!

somali cat relaxing in show enclosure at cat show

I had lots of time to rest while my human was taking Cara to rings, so I was mostly up and ready to meet people when she was sitting with me. I had a great time!

* * *

See all of Summer’s merch at her Designercat Shop, available on Zazzle.


No comments

Powered by Blogger.