Header Ads

A Heartfelt Thank You to All of You



Ruby-Ingrid

The words “thank you” feel like the two most inadequate words in the English language right now. As a writer, I’m supposed to have the perfect words for every occasion, but right now, words fail me to express my deep appreciation and gratitude for the outpouring of love and support I have received from all of you after I announced Ruby’s passing.

There were more than a thousand comments here on The Conscious Cat, on Facebook, and on Instagram, and they’re still coming in. Some of you sent me emails. I read every single one. I cannot tell you just how much it helped to hear how much my precious little girl will be missed not just by me and Allegra, but also by her many friends and fans. I knew she was popular, but I don’t think I really appreciated just how many lives my little girl touched in her short time on this earth.

Your prayers, loving thoughts and healing energy provide so much comfort as I struggle to wrap my mind around my loss. I hope you understand that I can’t respond individually to each of your comments, but please know every single one was like a warm hug for my broken heart.

Eventually, I’ll write about Ruby’s journey through her illness. I’m going to cover the practical aspects of caring for a cat with end stage kidney disease and cancer, and what I learned while providing hospice care for her. I’ll also share my emotional journey, both in terms of what helped me cope, and what didn’t work for me. At this point, I can’t tell you when I’ll start writing about all of this. Right now, it’s all too fresh and raw, and I need time to heal before I can tackle this.

Many of you have expressed how much you’ll miss Ruby Tuesday. As with everything else, I’m going to have to feel my way through how to handle her online presence going forward. For now, it’s going to be a moment by moment thing, but I can promise you that you will still see photos of Ruby, and of Allegra and Ruby together, in the future.

Ruby-desk

Ruby on my desk, ca. 2015

I’d like to think that my little girl was looking over my shoulder, reading all your comments and notes, with a big smile on her face and in her heart. And I’d like to think that smile wasn’t just about the bottomless bowl of tuna next to her…

The post A Heartfelt Thank You to All of You appeared first on The Conscious Cat.



No comments

Powered by Blogger.