Header Ads

I’m in the Quarantine Cat Film Festival!



Summer's human entered some of her clips in the Quarantine Cat Film Festival... and at least one of them is in!

A few weeks ago, my human found out about something called the Quarantine Cat Film Festival. Some humans were putting together a compilation of cat videos. But instead of releasing it in theaters (since all the theaters were closed because of the coronavirus), it was going to be an online feature. So my human figured why not enter me? The requirements were strict. The clips had to be under 30 seconds and in landscape (horizontal) mode. And no music (because of copyright restrictions). She managed to find a handful what she considered good clips of me to submit. And we got an email yesterday saying that at least one of my clips got in! It goes live Friday, June 19.

sola cat posing for an iPhone video

Even better, there are awards for the best videos, and mine is a finalist! My human told me not to get my hopes up, but I’m still hoping I win something! Wouldn’t that be fun? In case you are wondering which clip or clips of mine got in, I know of one because it made it into the sample reel. It’s the one of me coaching my human through push ups. You can see the sample reel here. I’m at 1:11.

Quarantine Cat Film Fest poster

Here’s the poster for the festival. You can find out more about it, and get presale tickets at the website. The proceeds for this compilation go to benefit independent filmmaking and cinema. You can even choose a theater to help with your purchase. Here in L.A., it’s the Laemmle Theaters. They show lots of indie films that my human has been to. In fact, they’re her main place to go see movies. If you want to support them, you can go here, or you can see the whole list here.

somali cat wanting to sign autographs

My human is passionate about publishing, cats and movies. So she is pretty excited about this, since it covers two out of three of them. I hope you watch this compilation!

* * *


No comments

Powered by Blogger.