Header Ads

I Was in a Virtual Cat Show… and So Was Binga!



Summer's human enters her in a virtual cat show, and Binga too, and here are the results.

For weeks and weeks now, my breeder has been telling my human to enter me in a virtual cat show. Since we can’t have shows right now because of the pandemic, some cat shows have been held virtually online. While they don’t count for actual points, they’re fun, and it helps support the organizations and vendors who would normally be involved with in-person shows. But my human has been extra busy lately with my YouTube channel, and kept forgetting. Finally the big show of the year, TICA’s International Show, announced it was doing a virtual event. In addition to the usual rings, they also had fun events, like an Amateur Photographers and Funny Felines category. So my human finally got it together to enter.

One of the reasons she was dragging her feet on this is because she has literally thousands of photos of me that she had to pour through for submissions! Finally she came up with these:

Summer's entry for the TICA International Show of Amateur Photographer

For the Amateur Photographer category, she entered this photo.

Summer's entry for Funny Felines in the TICA International Show

For Funny Felines, she entered this one. (If they wind up doing it again next year, I’m willing to bet she’ll use a photo from this blog post.)

There was also a Rainbow Bridge Household Pets category too (aside from the actual Household Pets category, for living competing cats). So she entered Binga, using this photo.

Binga's entry for the Rainbow Bridge Household Pets category in the TICA International Show

You may remember this photo from a card in my Zazzle store. It’s one of my more popular cards.

The show was this past weekend, so you are probably wondering how we did! The Amateur Photographers category had four rings, with professional cat photographers as judges, and there were 155 entries. With that number of entries, they had a Top 15 instead of just a Top 10. I finaled in two rings, one 8th Best and one 4th Best. The Funny Felines category had 10 rings and 108 entries, so it also had a Top 15. I finaled in three rings there, at 12th, 13th, and 15th. The judge who gave me 15th had a hilarious video to announce her finalists — she dressed up for each of us! Here she is with my final:

Jenny-Margrethe Vej judging the Funny Felines category for the TICA Virtual International Show

And, um, Binga… well, there were 39 cats entered in 10 rings, and she finaled in five! She got a 10th, an 8th, a 5th, a 3rd… and a Best!

But there was even more. Once all the judges’ finals were in, there was also the Best of the Best for each category (the best cats from the combined rings in each category). I made it into the Amateur Photographers category, and Binga made it into her category too.

Somali cat photo 6th best of the best at TICA Virtual International Show

tortoiseshell cat gets 7th best of the best in TICA Virtual International Show

If you want to see the whole show, it’s online here. Some of the judges did videos of their finalists, and others did PDFs. If nothing else, you should see the judge who dressed up for her Funny Felines finalists — her name is Jenny-Margrethe Vej. And you will probably enjoy seeing the Rainbow Bridge Household Pets a lot too!

It was a really fun show… and I didn’t even have to leave the house! (Although I would have liked that.)

* * *


No comments

Powered by Blogger.