Header Ads

What’s on Your Mind?



Every once in a while I reach out and ask readers what they’d like to talk about. When I started this blog twelve years ago, I thought I might need to do so because I’d run out of topic ideas. That’s never happened–animals and the people who love them are a never-ending source of inquiry. I have some topics in the hopper, but lately I’ve been wondering about what YOU want to talk about.

I suspect that this is in part because I’m been “Safe at Home” for three months now, and am feeling a tad isolated. I am aware every moment how lucky I am to have Jim, the dogs and cats, the farm, and so many good friends and family members. That doesn’t mean that even the luckiest among us aren’t cut off from much of our daily lives though, and especially from those all important social connections.

So, friends and readers, let’s talk. What would you like to hear about, ponder and discuss? I make no promises that I will answer all or even most of your requests, but I’ll do my best. Let’s have a conversation about what’s going on with your dogs, cats, horses, ferrets or goldfish. Even if you just want to talk about how your companion animals have 1) kept you sane, 2) driven you insane, or 3) mostly kept you sane, while occasionally driving you insane. (Vice versa is fair game too.) Think of it as open mike night at The Other End of the Leash Cafe.

MEANWHILE, back on the farm: I went outside to get some photos, planning to go back up the hill and shoot the gorgeous scene of Maggie driving the sheep through the woods, the green iridescent leaves of the trees backlit by the sun. But when I sat down to prep the camera, Nellie sat down beside me, and well, Queen PhotoBomber seduced me into photographing her. And who could blame me?

Earlier in the week, good friend Harriet alerted us to the Wood Lilies blooming in Rettenmund Prairie. What a gorgeous scene.

Plain old Salvia blooming in my garden, but such nice light . . .

The white spots in the photo below are Cabbage Butterflies in the background. Couldn’t resist being a bit impressionistic; there’s something about the contrast of light and dark that pulls me in.

Skip would like me to stop tapping on the clicky thing and go outside to work sheep. I’m pretty sure that is what he would like to talk about.

What about you? What would you like to talk about? I’m all ears.

 

 

 

 

 



No comments

Powered by Blogger.