Header Ads

Hendricks – Ragdoll Kitten of the Month



Submitted May 24, 2019

Hendricks - Ragdoll Kitten of the Month image7

About 14 years ago I first discovered the Ragdoll breed through a friend of mine and my blue lynx Martini came into my life. About a year after that my second fluff monster, Mojito (seal bicolor) came to live with us. What can we say about Ragdolls? Anyone who has ever had the pleasure of a Ragdoll owning you would say ‘nuff said’. These cats are just fabulous.

Hendricks - Ragdoll Kitten of the Month image3

When my boy Mojito passed away from HCM last fall, I knew I had to start to look for a new baby. And I knew to get one from a reputable breeder would take time. Through Floppycats, I read about a breeder in my area and contacted her for an interview (Willetteragdols in Massachusetts). I found out from the breeder, Bette that I was a long way away from a kitten. But good things come to those who wait. She interviewed me to be sure I was a good fit, and I also interviewed her! All in all, I was able to wait until spring for the new baby.

Hendricks - Ragdoll Kitten of the Month image8

Meet Hendricks. Blue Mitted boy. He was born on March 1, 2019 and came to live with us this past weekend. My 14-year-old Martini was pretty lonely and he and Hendricks are getting along just fine even before a week is up! Proper intros were made slowly over the first two days. And yes, there is still some hissing on the part of the old man when he is chased down the hall by this little fuzzy peanut. I swear I see a smile on both their faces when this happens! Many of you might know this already, but let me tell you, when you have senior cats for a while and a baby comes into your life, it is a shocker as far as cuteness and ENERGY. Sometimes Martini looks at me with the ‘thanks but what the hell were you thinking?’ look! And like with human babies, playtime and excitement for 30 minutes, tends to translate into Hendricks having a collapse and snooze situation wherever he might end up (like the back of the couch!). Just be careful to look where you are walking!

Hendricks - Ragdoll Kitten of the Month image2

Hendricks - Ragdoll Kitten of the Month image6

A note here on good breeders like the one I used. Bette’s kittens are raised underfoot and exposed to noises, other cats, people, vacuums, etc…so little Hendricks “ain’t afraid of nothin’”. LOL! He loves to follow you around and I swear he knows his name already. He eats like a little piggy too and loves his food time. Even before a week in his new home he is eating next to Martini already. Favorite toys are his butterfly machine, his scratching pad with the turbo ball, twinkle balls and his plastic springs. We also have a squirrel toy that he carries around in his mouth all over the house and drops it at your feet (or in my slipper). He is a toe licker, so I am cognizant of that when I walk about barefoot! He loves to sleep near you, and some nights I wake up with a fluffball snuggled against my neck. So cute…I guess I have to lay in bed until he wakes up (darn)! Purr monster for sure….and he gives you kisses when you come back from running errands, etc.

Hendricks - Ragdoll Kitten of the Month image1

I hope you enjoy the photos! This little boy is fabulous! I am really glad that I put a deposit down on kitten number 2! When you have 2 kittens and an old man, it can be better since the ‘youngins’ will play together more and not bother the senior kitty as much. Our second kitten is coming in July….so stay tuned for another kitten of the month!!

Hendricks - Ragdoll Kitten of the Month image4

PS in one photo you will notice Hendricks practicing Yoga like his mom does.

Hendricks - Ragdoll Kitten of the Month image5


Do you have a Ragdoll Kitten or Cat?  Consider submitting your kitty!  Ragdoll of the Week submission guidelines

Read more Ragdoll Kitten of the Month submissions.

Getting a Ragdoll Kitten? Check out our book: A Ragdoll Kitten Care Guide: Bringing Your Ragdoll Kitten Home

The post Hendricks – Ragdoll Kitten of the Month appeared first on Floppycats.



No comments

Powered by Blogger.