Header Ads

What I Did on Take Your Cat to the Vet Day



somali cat in veterinary clinic exam room

Did you know that yesterday was Take Your Cat to the Vet Day? And can you guess what I did?

somali cat on scale at vet clinic

Yep, I went to the vet clinic! It was time for my annual health screening, which is required by my therapy pet organization. But no matter — we kitties should see the vet yearly anyhow. And senior kitties like Boodie should go more often. (Boodie, in fact, is overdue for a checkup.)

Sadly, way too many humans don’t take their cats to the vet for regular checkups, and it’s really a necessity. If something is going on with your cat, you want to catch it before it starts being a problem. For example, finding gingivitis early on and getting a dental then is way cheaper than finding it later on, when an extraction might be required. Not to mention your cat would be in pain that whole time. And for things like kidney disease, you want to know if it is developing as soon as possible so you can do things to keep the numbers down as long as you can.

In case you are wondering, I weigh just a hair under 7 lbs. And I purred happily for the first part of the vet visit… then I realized they were going to do some not fun things. I didn’t struggle or protest too much, but I was not going to purr after that thermometer thing! Anyhow, I passed my health screening, so I am free to do therapy visits for another year.

Somali cat at pet store

So that the trip wasn’t a total bummer for me, my human took me to the pet store.

somali cat looking at scratcher display

I felt she should have bought me a new scratcher for being such a good kitty at the vet, but she just bought some cat food and treats.

somali cat on pet store counter, getting petted

I do want to say that the pet store staff treated me like a rock star! They got all excited and took photos of me and petted me lots. Actually, the staff at the vet clinic got excited that I was there too, even though I got poked and prodded. So it wasn’t really a bad day after all.

* * *

See all of Summer’s merch at her Designercat Shop, available on Zazzle.


No comments

Powered by Blogger.