Header Ads

My Little Lion Canned Cat Food Unboxing Video



Teresa, a friend and a reader, wrote me about My Little Lion Canned Cat Food, asking if I had heard of it.  I hadn’t -but knew if Teresa thought it was worth asking about, then she already approved of the ingredients.  Teresa is a great researcher when it comes to canned cat foods for her beautiful cats.

Teresa was looking for a replacement for ZiwiPeak’s Rabbit food that was being discontinued (her cats love it) and was on the hunt for a rabbit canned cat food alternative for her cats.

I told her I would reach out to the company and see if they could send us some cans.  The company, American Pet Nutrition, was very responsive to my emails (this is a good sign – sometimes companies are NOT and just send me to a generalized PR person, which is terrible).

They did tell me that My Little Lion food is labeled as only for supplemental feeding.  I asked why and they explained that the AAFCO requires that they label products as “Supplemental feeding” if they do not meet all the of requirements they set for something to be complete and balanced. The reason My Little Lion cans are supplemental is that they don’t have enough protein per serving. That is counter intuitive because they are 96% real meat but real meat is less condensed with protein than animal organs such as livers and hearts or a meat meal. Most cat owners use their canned foods as an occasional meal, a treat, or as a topper or mixer with another food they feed. Because the real meat formulas are so palatable this is something that gets recommended for picky eaters to help eat their food.

Here is our unboxing video of the My Little Lion Canned Cat Food – so far both of my cats are eating it, but not devouring it.  However, I think if I only offered it to them, they would eat it entirely.

All the formulas are pates – and you can see the consistency of the one that I open in the unboxing video.

Read their ingredients on their website here.

I do keep a running list of what I feed my Ragdoll cats, Charlie and Trigg here.

Buying Options for My Little Lion


Have you tried My Little Lion canned cat food?

The post My Little Lion Canned Cat Food Unboxing Video appeared first on Floppycats.



No comments

Powered by Blogger.