Header Ads

A HAIKU & SILVER LININGS



Thoroughly Poetic Thursday

I am joining Angel Sammy and Teddy’s poetry challenge at Two Spoiled Cats. Below is today’s inspiration photo. Once again I have opted for a haiku.

 

Congregation gone
Where did they go…to heaven
Or just out to brunch

I was not trying to flippant with my haiku for this week’s inspiration photo. It actually made me sad. It reminded me of when Dad Tom and I visited the site if our marriage—the chapel on Treasure Island (Yerba Buena Island, San Francisco). After the naval base was decommissioned, most of the buildings were demolished. When we saw the chapel in September of 2017, it was abandoned, sequestered behind a chain link fence and surrounded by mounds of excavated earth. There was a petition to save it, but I don’t believe it was succesful.

To see what Sammy wrote his week and transmitted to Teddy from the Rainbow Bridge, click on the badge at the left. I guarantee it will be a terrific poem! You also will find links to poems by other bloggers in the comments section.

Thankful Thursday

Kitties Blue and I were pretty excited to earn a badge on the Tuesday Teaser at Two Spoiled Cats by correctly identifying the Teaser. We weren’t first. That honor goes to Timmy and Einie. Nonetheless, we got this cool badge.

If you are a regular follower, you will have read in the past that I believe in silver linings. A silver lining may not be something for which you are thankful but something that makes an otherwise unpleasant thing not as bad. For example: Due to my neuro-muscular disease, I have not had to shave my legs in more than 20 years. I believe my female readers will understand just how much extra time that has given me to spend with the kitties and do other things I enjoy. With that explanation, I present this week’s thankful and silver lining.

Sawyer went ten days without a grand mal seizure and then had three (each four days apart). Dad Tom’s and my thankful is that they each stopped after a few minutes with no need for valium or a trip to the emergency vet. And I discovered the silver lining. Sawyer is Manx cat and has no tail. That makes it much easier to clean the poo off his little butt. Unfortunately, it doesn’t make him like it, which is why I have bloody arms. Forgive me if this is too much information. But this is how life is these days.

Thankful Thursday is a blog hop hosted by everybody’s friend, Brian. To join the hop, post on your blog for what you are thankful, and then click on Brian’s badge.

 

The post A HAIKU & SILVER LININGS appeared first on The Cat On My Head.



No comments

Powered by Blogger.