Header Ads

Happy Easter



easter-cat

Happy Easter from Allegra and Ingrid

This will be a very different Easter for most of us. Even if you’re sheltering in place with family, you won’t be able to get together with a wider circle of family members like you might normally do. If you’re used to celebrating this holiday in your church, watching a video service will not be the same as shaking hands or exchanging hugs with members of your community. For those of us who live alone, not being able to see friends and enjoy a leisurely Easter brunch together makes this a lonely holiday.

All of this doesn’t mean we shouldn’t celebrate in the best possible way. Regardless of your religious beliefs, Easter is generally seen as a time of rebirth and renewal – and what better time than now to hold on to hope and really believe that out of this trauma that we’re all living through, something new and better will eventually emerge.

For us, it’s also the first Easter without Ruby, and that adds an additional layer of sadness to the day.

I normally get together with friends for Easter, either at a friend’s home, or one of our favorite restaurants. I know I’ll have moments when I will feel lonely, and I will allow myself a good cry. I’ll talk to friends on the phone and do a Zoom call or two. But mostly, I will focus on being grateful that I’m safe in my comfortable home, I’m healthy, and in this present moment, I have everything I need – including Allegra’s loving purrs.

I hope you have a peaceful day filled with hope and gratitude, and that somehow, you can even find some joy today.

contribute banner ad

The post Happy Easter appeared first on The Conscious Cat.



No comments

Powered by Blogger.