Header Ads

Picking Up Supplies



Summer and her human are picking up supplies from a local pet shop

A while back, the company that makes the brand of raw food I eat had to deal with some rule changes about how it got made. So it was unavailable for a couple of months. One of the local shops we visit offered to let my human know when it was back. So my human got the call from them a couple of days ago… and yesterday, she strained her back! Which meant if she went yesterday, she couldn’t have brought me. So she waited an extra day to see if her back felt better, and it did. It’s not all better, but good enough that she could carry me in the sling to the pet store once we found a parking spot.

somali cat wondering where her public is

I hadn’t been to this store in a few weeks, and it is even more different now than it was last time. For one thing, everybody including my human were wearing masks. Except for me. I’m lucky I didn’t have to wear mine. And the other people there, and the employees, didn’t touch me, even if they wanted to. It was kind of sad, since I’m used to being petted.

somali cat looking into pet shop freezer

The other thing is it was really quiet, and I was the only pet in the store. No dogs (although dogs have been in — I’ve seen them on the store’s Instagram). So I got to see more of the store than usual. I didn’t have to stick to just the cat section.

somali cat in dog section of pet shop

I had some fun sniffing the dog stuff!

somali cat rubbing on cat litter bag

Of course, I was happiest in the cat section. I even gave the cat litter some love.

somali cat bummed about needing to be cleaned after pet shop visit

My human reminded me that every part of me that touched something in the store was getting an extra scrub when we got back. At least it’s not a full bath like last time!

somali cat in car after shopping trip

After letting me have some quality time in the store, my human got the food she had reserved and we were done. I really look forward to the day when people can pet me again!

* * *


No comments

Powered by Blogger.