Header Ads

A Bright Side



Mom…can’t you take this thing off of me?

Sorry, Ernie. No can do. Whenever I take it off and turn my back for just a second, you start licking.

I promise…I won’t lick.

As much as it pains me to see you wearing that collar, I just can’t trust you, Ernie. That area needs to heal…and if you’re licking it, it won’t.

Ernie wearing soft e-collar

But I can’t eat with this thing on. I’m gonna starve!

Now, Ernie…you know I’ve been taking it off so you can eat. You’re not going to starve. Besides, you should be happy that you get to wear this donut e-collar rather than the plastic cone you had to wear last time this happened.

Ugh! I remember! That plastic thing was the pits! I never want to wear that again. At least this thing is softer and I can use it as a pillow.

Well…there you go, Ernie. A bright side to wearing it. You have your very own pillow.

You’re not making me feel any better, mom.

 

Island Cat Mom here. Ernie is doing okay despite having to wear the evil “donut.” He goes to the vet for a recheck in a couple of days. Hopefully he’ll be able to stop wearing the collar after that. He and I both thank you for the purrs, prayers and good thoughts.



from The Island Cats…Every Cat wants to be an Island Cat! https://ift.tt/35OAe7Z
via IFTTT

No comments

Powered by Blogger.