Header Ads

Emma – Ragdoll of the Week



Emma - Ragdoll of the Week IMG_6024

Emma is my very first ragdoll. I had been wanting one for 15 years and finally decided that it was now or never, as I’m not getting any younger. She is now almost 3 years old. She was born on 1/9/16. She is a seal point.

Emma - Ragdoll of the Week IMG_5724

I had googled “ragdoll cats near me” and found a breeder in my state. The breeder asked me a lot of questions in order to determine if she would be willing to let me buy a kitten from her. I liked that she was particular about where her kittens went. I even went back to this same breeder 2 years later to adopt another ragdoll. Ragdolls are addicting!

I brought Emma home at 4 months, fully vetted, spayed, and microchipped. She was coming in to a home that had one other pet at the time, an ailing 18 year old calico cat.

Emma - Ragdoll of the Week IMG_9907

I knew I wanted to get another kitten at the same time as her so that she wouldn’t be a lonely kitten. I luckily met a local woman who does cat rescue, and she gave me a male tabby kitten that was just 2 days older than Emma. The 2 kittens joined the household within 3 weeks of each other.

Emma - Ragdoll of the Week IMG_7335

Emma is timid. She is the cat who will hide if strangers come to the house. This frustrates my visitors because they admire her beauty and want to touch her fur, but she has to slowly warm up to you first. I don’t mind this because she is my cat and is very affectionate with me.

She spends a lot of time grooming herself. My favorite grooming tools for her are a steel comb and the EZ Groomer. She loves to be brushed and will purr and groom herself while you brush her.

Emma - Ragdoll of the Week IMG_8983

Emma loves to stalk and eat bugs. She has also recently taken an interest in mice. Around here, when the weather gets cooler, the mice try to move indoors. That’s a wrong move for the mouse if you have a bunch of cats! She can hear one in the basement now but she hasn’t caught it yet.

Emma - Ragdoll of the Week IMG_7332

Emma is one of four cats in the household. She is the “spokesman” of the group and will alert me if the food dish is nearing empty. She sits right next to the dish until it is replenished to her satisfaction. To her, being able to see any part of the bottom of the dish means it’s too empty for her liking.

Emma does not care for any roughhousing. She has 2 kitty “brothers” and 1 kitty “sister”. She will cry out if the other cats are being too rough with her. I think the others might enjoy teasing her a bit just to get a reaction out of her.

Emma - Ragdoll of the Week IMG_7808

I liked watching her color darken over the past 3 years. Initially she was mostly white with just a black nose. Now as a mature 3 year old, her face is dark and she has a lot more shading even on her back. I love her beautiful blue eyes!

Emma - Ragdoll of the Week IMG_7537

Do you have a Ragdoll Kitten or Cat?  Consider submitting your kitty!  Ragdoll of the Week submission guidelines

Read more Ragdoll of the Week submissions.

The post Emma – Ragdoll of the Week appeared first on Floppycats.



No comments

Powered by Blogger.