Header Ads

Ask US Anything: Introducing a Ragdoll Cat to New Kittens, Ragdoll Cat Peeing / Marking on Human and Ragdoll Cat Wants Constant Play



Our “Ask US Anything” is a series of posts on the site where I share the questions/concerns/ideas that readers have sent in and then the responses from our readers about those questions/concerns/ideas.

Introducing a Ragdoll Cat to New Kittens

Paul wrote in, “Hi There, I love your site and your love of all the boys in your family!
We have a 4 year old seal point mittened ragdoll from a great breeder. Lucy Lu is our girl. She loves her three humans (my wife, 9 year old daughter and myself) and that’s it. We bought a big new house about 1.5 years ago. 1000sq ft to 2500sq ft. Lucy’s behavior towards strangers has completely changed since we are in the new house. She is aggressive towards anyone in her new home. In our smaller apartment she loved strangers. My brother in law moved in with us 6 months ago, and she won’t really hang out with him at all, she will yell at him if he approaches her. Her behavior appears to be anxiety and territoriality. She does not like to be held, she is not floppy at all and barely tolerates being held for nail clipping.

We adopted two rescues this weekend and are very slowly trying to integrate them. Lucy is charging their small playpen and hissing and taking swipes at them when we put them in the same room (protecting them babies in a closed playpen of course)She’s really mad. The two rescues are tiny and are very people friendly, Lucy is having none of it.

Do you or your readers have some advice to calm Lucy, introduce the new girls, or some feline behaviorists you could recommend? We want our three to coexist at least.

Thank you!
Paul Bethany, Irelynn (humans)
Lucy Solara and Luna (Cats)”

I replied:

Hi Paul,

I posted it on Facebook for you – sounds like she has had a lot of changes! She might need a LONG time to adjust.

Here’s your post on Facebook – be sure to check it again in 24 hours after more people have posted –

She is gorgeous, btw.

Thanks,
Jenny


Ragdoll Cat Peeing / Marking on Human

Jenn wrote in, “I’m having a problem with my kitty I haven’t read about before and was looking for advice. I rescued a 4 year old male rag a few years ago. We had an older kitty in the house at the time as well. They tolerated each other until the older one passed. Since then my rags has been marking on me! If I’m lying on the couch he will squat right on me! He has ruined my couch all my bedding and my mattress! I’m at a loss. He is so sweet otherwise. Any suggestions would be appreciated. I’m truly sick of being peed on. Thank you!”

I posted it on our Facebook page:


5-Year Old Ragdoll Cat Wants Constant Play

MJ wrote in, “Our Bellaboy is 5 and wants to play all the time. He even lays on his toy and stares at me. Should I get a female to play with him? I would, but my husband said it will change him. I love to play with him, , he makes me laugh. If he is not playing and busy he sleeps. Are we normal?”

I posted on Facebook – since this is a subjective question:


Enjoy reading common reader inquiries?  Check out more of our Ask US Anything here: Ask US Anything

The post Ask US Anything: Introducing a Ragdoll Cat to New Kittens, Ragdoll Cat Peeing / Marking on Human and Ragdoll Cat Wants Constant Play appeared first on Floppycats.



No comments

Powered by Blogger.