Header Ads

LitterLocker® Design Plus Pail Starter Kit Product Review



In July 2018, I was approached by AngelCare, the makers of the LitterLocker, to see if I would be interested in reviewing their product.  I happily agreed because I was familiar with their products.  At the time, they thought I was located in Canada.  So when I sent them my address in the USA – they apologized and said they were only looking for Canadian influencers to review their products.  I said it was no problem and that if they decided to expand their scope, that I would be more than interested in reviewing their products.

LitterLocker® Litter Box with Scoop Product Review IMG_1756

In November 2018, they reached out again to see if I was still interested – and I was.  Thank you to AngelCare for giving this American the opportunity!  It took us awhile to get all the details sorted, but we did finally receive the product to review and I am glad we did.  They sent us their LitterLocker® Design Plus Pail as well as their LitterLocker® Litterboxes.  This review is for the LitterLocker® Design Plus Pail and next week will be our review on the LitterLocker® Litterboxes.

LitterLocker Design Plus Pail Starter Kit Product Review

We received 2 sets of the following:

  • LitterLocker® Design Plus Pail (with scoop holder and scoop)
  • LitterLocker® Fabric Sleeve
  • LitterLocker® Refills

LitterLocker Plus with Sleeves Litter Disposal System Unboxing Video

I asked AngelCare to send two of everything because I have two litterbox stations in my house and firmly believe that even 1 cat households should have at least 2 litterboxes.  I have 5 litterboxes for my two cats.

As you can see in the photo, the LitterLocker® Design Plus Pail Starter Kit includes a refill, scoop, scoop holder.

As you saw in the unboxing video above, they are super simple to set up – and nearly come fully assembled.  It’s nice that the litter scoop and holder can be installed on either the left or right side of the unit – so that you can have it orientated however you need to have it orientated in your space.

LitterLocker vs. Litter Genie

I have had the American equivalent of the LitterLocker, the Litter Genie, for a few years now, so I knew more or less what to expect.  In the USA, Edgewell (Litter Genie) has the exclusivity, whereas AngelCare has it in Canada.

I have to say, I much prefer the design of the LitterLocker over the Litter Genie – not only aesthetically but hygienically too.  The top of the LitterLocker can come completely off for wiping off or soaking in the sink, if need be – whereas the top of the Litter Genie is always on the unit and removing the part on the Litter Genie where you have to replace the refill cartridges SUCKS!!  The LitterLocker, however, is designed smartly and it’s super easy to remove the top to put the refill cartridges in.  Also, when removing the waste bags, the Litter Genie opens in half when you want to take out the bag and clean it whereas the LitterLocker allows you to lift off just the top to access the bag, etc. I much prefer the design of the LitterLocker over the Litter Genie for all of these reasons.  And I am sorry that my fellow Americans do not have access to buying this design as easily as Canadians and Europeans do because it’s far superior to the Litter Genie design.

Much like the Litter Genie, the LitterLocker Design Plus litter disposal system effectively locks in odors and bacteria using AIR-SEAL technology, it measures 17.63 x 9.38 x 9.5 in.  The refill bags are multi-layer and keep your home odor-free.  It is super easy to use and the refills are easy to replace.

As you will see in our unboxing and final review videos below the Design Plus LitterLocker is customizable with different fabric sleeves.  We received two decorative sleeves – one with the wood look (as pictured) and one with cats on it.  The sleeves are super easy to put on, they are machine-washable and 100% polyester.  While the sleeves are cute and fun, I definitely prefer the all white look for my house – but I did keep them on while I was reviewing them, just to see how they went.  I understand everyone’s opinion is different, however and some might really enjoy switching it out and being fun with it.

LitterLocker Design Plus Pail Starter Kit Product Review 2

 

The LitterLocker refill cartridges remind me of those for the Litter Genie – in fact, I wonder if they are made in the same manufacturing plant given how similar they are.  I went ahead and made a video of how to install them because they can be tricky until you get the hang of them.  As you will see in the video, they are one continuous bag that you cut off and tie off.  I like this only because you use only the amount of bag you need to use rather than one full bag without completely fill it up.  You can see what I mean in the final product review video below.

How to Install LitterLocker Refill Cartridges

 

LitterLocker Plus with Sleeves Litter Disposal System Product Review Video

Overall, I really like the LitterLocker Plus.  I like that it is all white.  I never cared for the Litter Genie colors I had and since the Litter Genie refills fit in the LitterLocker Pluses, I will keep them when I run out of the LitterLocker refills.  That way I can still use the LitterLocker Pluses and have the refill bags.  I will take off the fabric sleeves though because I don’t care for that look – but that’s just one of those “beauty is in the eye of the beholder” type of things.

LitterLocker® Litter Box with Scoop Product Review IMG_1758

As many of you know, I am the number one fan of the Litter-Lifter litter scoop – so any litter scoops without triangular tines aren’t really my cup of tea.  However, if I didn’t know about the Litter-Lifter, then I would think this litter scoop and the litter holder were pretty nifty.  I like that it’s all together in one place – just wish the scoop had triangular tines to make scooping faster and easier with less dust.  Overall, though, the scoop that it comes with does the job and really works better with the LitterLocker litterboxes than the Litter-Lifter can.

LitterLocker Litterboxes and Disposal System IMG_1795

If you scoop your litter box and don’t have a system like this to put the waste in it, I would encourage you to look into it.  It really does help with odor control.

LitterLocker is available for purchase in Canada and parts of Europe.

Buy a LitterLocker

buynow

We received the LitterLocker Plus with Sleeves Litter Disposal System for review from the manufacturer and also asked that they pay a small review fee.  Receiving the free product and the review fee did not influence this honest post.

Check out our other cat product reviews.

The post LitterLocker® Design Plus Pail Starter Kit Product Review appeared first on Floppycats.



No comments

Powered by Blogger.