Header Ads

Cat Show Fun



somali cat ready for fun at the cat show

Look! My human actually got one good photo of me with my Pet Me Cat area, unlike the 5 or 6 awful takes (you can see one in Sunday’s blog post!). I just want to say, I had so much fun at this Glendale show!

somali cat at cat show wearing hoodie

It started off kind of cold, though! It was freezing in the show hall for a good part of the day. Like, colder than the hall was at Meet the Breeds in New York! My human had to sit in her car for 10 minutes with the heater on to warm up at one point, and got a cup of coffee just to warm her hands with it. It turned out there was a reason for the chill — the crew who had worked on the heating system a few days earlier got the dial mixed up! When you turned up the temperature, it got colder instead! Finally it got fixed in the afternoon. My human was relieved.

somali cat in fancy dress and large tiara

Although I brought both tiaras with me, I wound up wearing the larger one. It was just easier for my human to reach for in my wardrobe bag.

somali cat getting petted at cat show

I had such a great time seeing the cat show visitors! There are some events where I am more “on” than others, and I was really on at this show. I barely took a break.

more pets for the somali cat

A lot of children showed up, and I always enjoy that. And the kids who come to cat shows generally know better how to pet us kitties. So they were especially fun!

somali cat wearing pink heart shaped sunglasses

I felt like a total celeb-kitty… which I guess I am!

male somali cat in judging ring, with ribbon

I wasn’t the only star in the family at this show, of course. My nephew Obie was there, in competition. And he did well, as he usually does!

ribbons won by male somali cat at Glendale cat show

He got four finals out of six rings, including a Best Cat! He is doing very well this season.

* * *

See all of Summer’s merch at her Designercat Shop, available on Zazzle.


No comments

Powered by Blogger.