Header Ads

Celebrating the First Annual Tortoiseshell Cat Appreciation Day in Memory of Ruby



tortoiseshell-cat-appreciation-day

Today would have been Ruby’s adoption anniversary.  Nine years ago today, I brought my precious little kitten home.  I never thought that she wouldn’t be here to celebrate her 9th adoption anniversary with Allegra and me. For those of you  new to The Conscious Cat, she passed away on December 18, 2019, after a brief illness.

In honor of her memory, I created Tortoiseshell Cat Appreciation Day* to celebrate torties in all their uniqueness and beauty. Today, and every year on April17, let’s flood the internet with photos of our torties. Let’s turn Facebook, Instagram, and any other social  networks you’re a part of brown, tan, gold, black, cinnamon and all colors in between. Let’s bring awareness to these often misunderstood cats and their tortitude.

Visit the official page of Tortoiseshell Cat Appreciation Day
for more information

Use hashtag
#tortoiseshellcatappreciationday
with your social shares

Today, the internet will be a more beautiful place because it will be taken over by torties!

Allegra-Ruby-coffee-table

Allegra and Ruby in 2012

*I have applied for an official designation of this day from the National Day Archives, and my application is being processed. However, in the spirit of tortitude, and given how important it is to me to celebrate this day on Ruby’s first adoption anniversary after her passing, I’m pre-empting official approval and launching the celebration this year without an “official” designation.

Tortitude banner for posts with border

The post Celebrating the First Annual Tortoiseshell Cat Appreciation Day in Memory of Ruby appeared first on The Conscious Cat.



No comments

Powered by Blogger.