Header Ads

My Thanksgiving Gratitude List



summer shares her gratitude list

I think I am one of the luckiest cats ever! Sure, I have talent and skills, and I’m fortunate to have those to begin with, but I also have a life that allows me to use them for fun and for good. Look at it this way: there are more cats out there who could be therapy cats than you may think. But only a few of them have humans who have the ability to not only develop those abilities, but who also have the time and inclination to volunteer with them. Learning tricks would enhance the lives of lots of cats, but it takes a human to work with them. And not all humans realize how awesome it is for both the cat and themselves to do this.

So I thought this Thanksgiving it would be nice to put together a gratitude list. I know it’s different from most cats’ gratitude lists… which is one of the reasons why I think you might find it interesting! Here it is.

I’m grateful for:

    somali cat in her own photo studio
  • Having my very own photo studio. Lots of times, all my human has to do is turn on some lights and I’m right there, ready to be photographed! Yes, I know when I’m going to do a photo session, and I get excited each and every time.
  • somali cat on harness and leash

  • My harness and leash. When my human pulls out my leash in the house, I know she is going to take me outside either in the front or back yard, and as soon as she puts the harness on me, I am at the door, ready to go out!
  • Food. I love food. Especially cat treats. I guess that makes me easier to train, but whatever. I’m just grateful for food! It’s one of the best things ever invented.
  • somali cat with wardrobe

  • My huge wardrobe! I love my clothes. I know that makes me kind of weird, as far as cats go, but usually I’m purring while I’m wearing the outfits. Too bad photos don’t have sound!
  • somali Ambassador Cat at cat show

  • The cat shows I go to. I went to my first cat show when I was four months old, and have gone at least once or twice a month ever since. I haven’t competed for a few years, but that’s okay. I just like the vibe and meeting all the people, and having my human focused 100% on me for the whole day.
  • The best bird and squirrel TV that southern California has to offer.
  • Being a minor celebrity kitty. I’m working on being a bigger celebrity kitty for 2020!
  • therapy cat at work

  • And of course, getting to do my therapy cat work and visiting patients. It’s a really interesting job and I get to meet all sorts of people. Some of them are passionate cat lovers, and some, like the little girl the other day, have never even felt a cat’s purr. All of it is incredibly rewarding.
  • And lastly, I am grateful that I have a human that makes all this possible.

What are you grateful for?

* * *

See all of Summer’s merch at her Designercat Shop, available on Zazzle.


No comments

Powered by Blogger.