Header Ads

Ask US Anything: Ragdoll Scratches in the Bathtub, Cat Peeing in Sink, Cat with Reoccuring Eye Ulcers



Our “Ask US Anything” is a series of posts on the site where I share the questions/concerns/ideas that readers have sent in and then the responses from our readers about those questions/concerns/ideas.

2-Year Old Ragdoll Scratches in the Bathtub

Leigh wrote in, “I need your or the community’s help. My two year old Ragdoll, Hadley, jumps in the bathtub before I turn the water on and scratches the sides like she is covering something. She never pees or poops in there. I have checked her litter box when she does this and nothing there, although she uses her litter boxes frequently and without any issues. Can you give me any insight to this behavior? I feel like she is asking/needing something as it happens almost daily.

Sassy came to us after three homes (one was the breeder and she stayed with them until 5 months). We have tried to keep everything very stable in her life for the last year.

Our usual routine is exercise, shower, feed her. Occasionally feed her comes first. She used to scratch in the bathroom sinks as well but I haven’t seen that in a number of months, but the bathtub continues. She has a water fountain and I check it and clean it regularly, she also has a saucer of water (although I don’t think she uses it) and the dogs’ water bowl of course because he doesn’t use her water fountain. She almost always gets in the tub and shower after you use it and just watches the water droplets roll down the side, no scratching then, nor does she lap/drink from it.”

I posted it on Facebook:


Ragdoll Cat Peeing in Sink

Esther posted on our Facebook page: “My kitty Coco has suddenly started peeing in my en-suite sink! Caught him 3 times in the past couple of days. I have two cats – a rag doll Chanel, and the cat peeing in my sink – gray medium hair domestic. About a year ago, when I went to work I left my window open in my en suite bathroom and the wind must’ve blown the door shut. Long story short, when I came home from work that day he was crying up in the bathroom and I found him up there and he had peed and 💩 in the sink but he had covered it with the hand towel! What a relief! Could’ve been so much worse. Simple to clean up, but I felt so terrible! That was well over a year ago so how come suddenly has he started doing this? Is there anything I can do to stop him? Is he just being lazy? It’s nasty because it stinks if I don’t notice it soon enough. I keep a clean litter box, three big ones. I know I could simply close my bathroom door but who wants to love like that? What would be the reason he started?
Thanks for any help!”

I missed it for days because I don’t see messages on the community side of the page very often. So she wisely emailed me to have me post it – which is always wise – email me first ALWAYS.

And so I posted it as an admin on Floppycats Facebook to hopefully help her get some help. You can check out the suggestions here:


2-Year Old Ragdoll Cat with Reoccuring Eye Ulcers

This one was shared on our Facebook page, and I thought it was interesting enough to include in this post and share with others.


Enjoy reading common reader inquiries?  Check out more of our Ask US Anything here: Ask US Anything

The post Ask US Anything: Ragdoll Scratches in the Bathtub, Cat Peeing in Sink, Cat with Reoccuring Eye Ulcers appeared first on Floppycats.



No comments

Powered by Blogger.