Header Ads

I’m Learning to Play the Piano!



Summer is learning to play the piano - here's how

I have a new project — learning to play the piano! My human got me this baby-baby grand. And it really plays (with the help of some AA batteries). I’m not even sure I have any musical talent.

somali cat with piano, overhead shot

Here is an overhead shot. It looks pretty complicated, doesn’t it?

somali cat checking out microphone on piano

Yes, there is even a working microphone. And if I want to start composing music, I can record it!

somali cat looking inside piano

But first, I need to figure out how this thing works. In case you are wondering, yes, I am really going to learn how to play it!

somali cat practicing ringing a bell before playing piano

Here’s how! To start off, my human had me practice ringing my bell. I wasn’t sure what this had to do with the piano, but I was getting treats, so I didn’t care.

somali cat with her bell on piano

Then, after a few minutes of bell ringing, she put the bell on the piano and encouraged me to start ringing it there.

somali cat playing piano with bell on it

I figured out right away that I was supposed to touch the keys and not the bell. I even made some noise because the piano was turned on! My human made sure the sound was on pretty low and she had already pushed a lot of the keys during the photo session so the noise didn’t surprise me.

somali cat playing piano without bell on it

My human says she doesn’t expect me to actually learn sheet music. I am welcome to improvise. Still, she says I am picking up the piano faster than she did when she was a kid.

somali cat with her front paws on piano

For kitties, playing the piano is all about attitude and personality anyhow. Right?


* * *


No comments

Powered by Blogger.