Header Ads

A Brief Outing



somali cat on a brief outing on her leash

It was really cold here (at least for southern California) for weeks! So I didn’t get to go outside for a long while. It finally warmed up, so my human took me out front on a brief outing. Why the front and why so brief? Because yesterday she saw a bobcat on the back patio! She has seen them on our security cam a couple times but never on the patio during the day. She had no idea they were so big! But the weather warmed up a bit and she knew I wanted to go out. So she took me out front for a few minutes. It was still cool enough for me to wear my gray velvet coat, but not that chilly.

somali cat on concrete table

One of the first things I usually do in the front is jump on the concrete table. My human has been referring to it as the “Once Upon a Time… in Hollywood table” because there’s one just like it in the movie. It’s in front of the Tate house and the guy playing Roman Polanski sits at it. The only star that ever sits at this one is me.

somali cat walking on lawn

I also got to walk on the lawn for a little while.

somali cat on lawn

Because we are open to the street, occasionally a car or truck passes by. My human likes that because it helps train me not to be startled by traffic noise. But usually our street is pretty quiet. In case you are wondering, yes, our street is on a hill slope.

somali cat in gray jacket on brick walkway

I like to sniff the air, and all the fresh things outside. One thing I didn’t get to sniff was something some critter left behind. It wasn’t a dog — my human recognizes what dog poop looks like. It actually looked like a cat left it… a big cat! So my human figures the bobcat may have been out front at some point too. Ew.

somali cat at front door, waiting to go back in.

By then it was time to go back in anyhow. It was almost dinner time… and my human didn’t tell me, but I got a bath before dinner! I have a very busy week coming up and I need to look my best.

* * *

See all of Summer’s merch at her Designercat Shop, available on Zazzle.


No comments

Powered by Blogger.