Header Ads

The Mystery Basket



somali cat with Hello Kitty basket

If you’ve been following my blog for a long time, you may have noticed the Hello Kitty basket in the background whenever there are photos in the living room. It’s actually a mystery basket, because at some point it got filled with stuff that was never seen again. My human has no idea what is in here, and neither do I!

somali cat digging through mystery basket

Well, that is going to end today. I’m going to go through everything in here.

somali cat with little blanket

You probably noticed this little blanket right on top. My human uses it to cover my carrier when we are traveling somewhere that has a real winter. I think the last time I needed it was for Meet the Breeds.

somali cat with three kicker toys from mystery basket

Wait, there wasn’t just one, but three kickers in that basket! What were they doing there?

somali cat annoyed about all the cat toys hidden from her

And what’s with all these cat toys? Why were they in the basket, where I would never have found them? That’s not fair.

somali cat with random human things

There was also some human stuff in there — an old, cheap pair of headphones (my human may have gotten them for free), and a promotional shoulder massage tool from some bank. And some wind up bug that I think she tried to pass off as a cat toy.

somali cat with plastic castle toy pieces

There is a weird story behind these plastic toy pieces. Eleven years ago, my human got a plastic castle for her ex-boyfriend’s young niece. But she had Sparkle pose with it first. It turned out that Sparkle actually liked it and spent lots of time near it… so she had to keep it and buy the niece a second one. You can see it in this blog post. So there is quite a bit of history here. And yes, my human still has the castle. Maybe I will do a blog post about it.

somali cat looking for more stuff in mystery basket

That’s a lot of stuff in that one basket! I’m going to check again, but I think it’s empty now.

* * *

See all of Summer’s merch at her Designercat Shop, available on Zazzle.


No comments

Powered by Blogger.