Header Ads

Therapy Cat Valentine’s Day



Summer spreads Valentine's Day cheer at one of her regular hospitals.

I think that visiting the hospital on Valentine’s Day was one of my best ideas ever! Even before we got out of the car, some people walked past our spot in the parking lot and saw me, and they were excited I was there!

This visit was one of those unusual times when the other team was Josie, the only other therapy cat in our organization. So it was a two cat visit. We also had a team member without a therapy animal along to help us. The first area we visited was Pediatrics. While Josie visited with a young boy and his parents, I went into another room, where an older boy was in bed all by himself. He really enjoyed having me there, and I laid down next to him and just relaxed for a while. It was a nice, quiet visit. Then the boy who saw Josie wanted to see me too, and that visit was just the opposite! He was full of energy and all over the place! He was fun, and my human brought out the selfie props for photos. They turned out awesomely.

A couple of kids were in the play room, and the selfie props came in handy there too. The Pediatrics wing was celebrating Valentine’s Day with red felt hats, and tea for the parents, and some treats. It was nice to see how they were making a festive atmosphere for the kids and their families.

While Josie went to another floor, we went over to the Rainbow Room. Because the waiting room has so many kids, and some of them are developmentally disabled, it can be a bit stressful for some therapy pets. That’s where my two years of being a show cat, and after that, being a cat show Pet Me Cat really helps. I’m used to noisy, chaotic rooms, and I’m good with kids. Today, the kids who visited with me were exceptionally gentle and sweet. Especially the little girl who couldn’t get enough of me.

We finished up shortly after the Rainbow Room. My human let me walk on my leash down the hospital corridors and that surprised some people who saw me! The last person I visited with was a lady by the lobby who was waiting for her husband to take her home. She told my human about the two Siamese cats she has at home. If people have cats, they enjoy telling us about them.

It was a really nice visit, and I was so glad I chose to go on Valentine’s Day!

* * *

See all of Summer’s merch at her Designercat Shop, available on Zazzle.


No comments

Powered by Blogger.