Header Ads

My 2018 in Review – Part 2



If you missed part 1 of my 2018 in review, you can see it here. Otherwise, let’s continue on with July.

somali cat on National Fried Chicken Day

Things usually quiet down for me over the summer… but I did get to celebrate National Fried Chicken Day! Can you believe I didn’t even know about this holiday before?

somali cat at cat show in Roseville

I did go to Roseville (not far from Sacramento) in August for a cat show. It was very hot up there!

somali cat at Sacramento airport

I do want to say that I like Sacramento airport! But then, I don’t know that I’ve met an airport I didn’t like, although LAX always makes my human groan.

somali cat wearing a bunch of her new neckties

My human bought me a bunch of new neckties for my therapy cat visits. I tried modeling all of them, but there were too many!

somali cat at Los Angeles Animal Adoption Services

In September, my human started a new project for me: visiting local offices. My first one was at Los Angeles Animal Services, and I got to check out the work they do there! Did you know they got a grant from the ASPCA for cat adoptions? So adult cats can be adopted free of charge until the money runs out.

therapy cat at accounting office

I also had my most unusual therapy cat visit — my human and I went to the far end of the San Fernando Valley to an accounting office! The company had me and my pal Bentley over for stress relief for the employees.

somali cat in Guinea pig pirate costume

I had so many different costumes in October that I can’t even show them all here! There were some that stood out. This pirate costume was one… because it really isn’t a costume for kitties. I was kind of embarrassed.

somali cat as Cleocatra at cat show

Right before Halloween, I was a Pet Me Cat at a cat show, and I had lots of costumes, including this CleoCATra one.

therapy cat in nurse kitty outfit

And of course, I did a couple of therapy cat visits in my nurse kitty costume.

Other than a few routine therapy cat visits and a local one-day cat show, November was pretty quiet, but things picked up again in December.

Somali cat in hotel bathroom

At the beginning of the month, my human and I flew to Portland for a cat show, and we both had a lot of fun! In fact, I think it may be the first trip where my human had even more fun than I did, because she had so many friends to visit.

somali cat doesn't like Santa

I got to visit Santa… but I didn’t really like him this year. Last year’s was cooler.

somali cat ready to do therapy cat visit

I only got to do one therapy cat visit in December because my human spent the last part of the month recovering from a procedure. But my single visit was a good one, because it happened in the middle of a holiday party at Shriners Medical Center.

somali cat with Steve Dale at Wag Petcon

Right before my human had the procedure done, we went to the WAG Petcon in San Diego, where I helped entertain visitors at the TICA booth! My human ran into certified animal behavior consultant and pet expert Steve Dale — and he wound up borrowing me for his public talks that afternoon! That was really exciting.

Now that my human has mostly recovered, we are ready to start 2019, and we have a lot of exciting things ahead!

* * *

See all of Summer’s merch at her Designercat Shop, available on Zazzle.


No comments

Powered by Blogger.