Header Ads

My Regular Kitty Day



somali cat on bed, waiting for her human to go to the kitchen to give her dinner

I asked my Facebook followers what they wanted to see me post about on my blog. A whole bunch of them said they wanted a post of me being a regular kitty! Don’t they get enough regular kitty-ness at home? Well, anyway, I wanted to make them happy, so here’s a post of my day when I’m not doing a photo session, or a cat show, or going to the store or something. It’s pretty dull, if you ask me! Above, you can see me staring at my human, just after we’ve gotten up for the day. I’m wondering when she is going to put down her iPhone and get me and Boodie breakfast.

somali cat impatiently waiting for breakfast

Here I am in the kitchen. Can you tell I’m not feeling very patient this morning? My human is slow to get breakfast going some days!

somali cat wanting photo session

In spite of it being a “regular kitty” day, I really wanted to do a photo session! My human walked by my studio, and there I was sitting on the backdrop and staring at her. But there’s no photo session today. My human promised that she has something planned for me later in the week.

somali cat by floor heater vent

Usually in the mornings during the winter, I spend some time by the heater vent in our office. My human doesn’t like me doing this, since she says it’s not good for my fur. But I ignore her.

somali cat on office chair, ready to help out

I also supervise my human while she works. Because her desk is too messy for me to sit on right now, I share her chair. She usually has lunch at her desk, and then I make sure to supervise her extra closely in case she tries to break for too long!

somali cat watching a squirrel through the leaded glass doors

Our scratch loungers are set up by the leaded glass French doors to the back patio, since they are never used. (We go through the enclosed patio to go out there instead.) I usually spend some time looking out at the birds and squirrels. Can you see the squirrel I’m staring at that’s sitting on the brick ledge of the jacuzzi?

somali cat licking nip toy

For a Somali, I’m not all that playful. But sometimes I’ll find a toy, like this nip kicker, to play with. There are a few times a week I go crazy… but today wasn’t one of them.

somali cat stretching on sofa

My human often works in the evenings, but I usually just nap on the sofa. Or on cold nights I hang out by the office floor heater some more. Eventually my human shuts down the MacBook and tells me it’s time for bed. In other words, yes, she wakes me up to go to bed!

somali cat at the end of a regular kitty day

Sometimes she drags her heels, looking at her iPhone. That’s when I flop down on the rug and give her another impatient look.

I hope my day as a regular kitty didn’t bore you!

* * *

See all of Summer’s merch at her Designercat Shop, available on Zazzle.


No comments

Powered by Blogger.