Header Ads

Ask US Anything: Ragdoll Cat Hair Shedding, Cat Water Fountain for Cats Who Like to Drink from the Faucet, Extra Large Covered Cat Litter Box



Our “Ask US Anything” is a series of posts on the site where I share the questions/concerns/ideas that readers have sent in and then the responses from our readers about those questions/concerns/ideas.

Ragdoll Cat Hair Shedding

Dianne wrote in: “Hi Jenny, I have just purchased a 1 year old beautiful ragdoll. The fur around the place is driving me crazy it’s everywhere all on my clothes stuck to my face when I cuddle her. I brush her two times a day. As she gets older I am hoping her coat gets denser and there for less shedding. Any suggestions please.”

I replied:

Hi Dianne,

It might be the seasonal change that is making it worse – assuming you live somewhere where it is changing from winter to spring.

I did post your inquiry on our Facebook page to see if there were any other ideas:

Did you catch our Favorite Products Video? I discuss 2 products that will help with cat hair:

Here are the time stamps where those products are discussed in that video:

21:41 Lilly Brush Be Forever Furless
Review Video for the Lilly Brush

22:31 OXO Good Grips FurLifter Pet Hair Remover
Review Video of OXO Furlifter


Cat Water Fountain for Cats Who Like to Drink from the Faucet

Kimberly wrote in saying,”This is Oliver my daughters handsome Ragdoll. He prefers to drink water from the faucet instead of his bowl. Can you recommend any water fountains? Looking for something that is low maintenance.”

Oliver Ragdoll Cat Water Fountain

I replied:

Hi Kimberly,

He is beautiful. The thing with water fountains is that you have to be diligent about keeping them clean – changing filters, etc.

I have reviewed a few, but honestly, don’t have a preference other than it should be ceramic or stainless steel, as I don’t trust plastic.

Petsafe Pagoda that we reviewed:

This one had the best average customer review on Amazon – IPETTIE Ceramic Pet Drinking Fountain:

IPETTIE Ceramic Pet Drinking Fountain

Another option is to get him off of dry food – they usually don’t want to drink water when they are on a non-dry food diet. Please read catinfo.org to learn more.

Yet, another option is the iTouchless Automatic Bathroom Sink Faucet that attaches to your faucet and Oliver turns on:

iTouchless Automatic Bathroom Sink Faucet

Hope that helps – if you need further assistance, please let me know.

Thanks,
Jenny


Extra Large Covered Cat Litter Box

Faith wrote in, “Hi, I was wondering if you could help me with an issue I’m having. I have a 2 year old, very large Ragdoll who will only use a covered litter pan. But my issue is that he’s too big for most covered pans. Could you recommend any large covered litter pans?”

I replied:

“Yes, here is a link to the largest one I am aware of – Kattails Kat Kave Litter Box

Kattails Kat Kave Litter Box

It’s expensive.

You could also buy a storage bin and cut a big hole in it.

Thank you,
Jenny”


Enjoy reading common reader inquiries?  Check out more of our Ask US Anything here: Ask US Anything

The post Ask US Anything: Ragdoll Cat Hair Shedding, Cat Water Fountain for Cats Who Like to Drink from the Faucet, Extra Large Covered Cat Litter Box appeared first on Floppycats.



No comments

Powered by Blogger.