Header Ads

Mingling at the Children’s Hospital



therapy cat in ladies room at children's hospital

My human scheduled a last-minute therapy cat visit for us to end the month. She wanted to get one more in since the next time I can go isn’t until February 14. (I am going to New York for Meet the Breeds next week.) Of course I was happy to go.

Usually Wednesdays are busy days at the children’s hospital, but it was a quiet day. That didn’t matter, though — I immediately found kids to visit with in the lobby. I even let the first little kid pick me up. My human had her camera out and took bunches of photos.

There were only a few patients in the exam rooms. I visited with one little girl after the doctor checked out how she was walking with her artificial legs. We stopped in the IV room, and although there was only one baby there, his mother wanted to see me. She was very young, almost still a youngster herself, and I was glad to make her day a little nicer. While I visited with one boy, his mother asked my human a lot of questions about me, like how old I was in human years. My human explained how to tell a cat’s age… and was surprised to realize that I am almost 39 in human years, since I’ll be five at my next birthday! Time really flies, doesn’t it?

It was quiet in pre op too. There had been only one patient that had already come and gone. That didn’t matter, though, because all the nurses were excited to see me! They surrounded me and took photos and really enjoyed me. I always like visiting this floor because even if there are few or no patients, the staff is really great.

We went back down to the lobby for a while, and there was one little girl who was a little scared to touch me. She hovered over me and it took what seemed like forever for her to reach out her hand and pet me. But she finally did… and then she wouldn’t stop for the longest time! That was okay, though, because she was very, very gentle, and her family was taking lots of photos of us.

It was a really nice visit, even if it was a bit quiet.

* * *

See all of Summer’s merch at her Designercat Shop, available on Zazzle.


No comments

Powered by Blogger.