Header Ads

Ask US Anything: How to Sanitize Cat Products, Needy Ragdoll Cat, Cat Goes into Trance while Kneading



Our “Ask US Anything” is a series of posts on the site where I share the questions/concerns/ideas that readers have sent in and then the responses from our readers about those questions/concerns/ideas.

How to Sanitize Cat Products

Amie wrote in, “Hello dear Floppycats family thank you for all the precious pictures and very helpful information you post weekly I’ve been a long term fan! I have a question, I am getting a 2nd ragdoll finally and she is coming in from overseas. My vet suggested I sterilize everything to allow for her to adjust better since she may need some time to get used to our country etc (and it’s a good thing to clean all your cat toys, house and scratching posts anyway) I have looked online to find ideas of how best to clean things such as scratching posts etc and what products are cat friendly (aka not Bleach). Any suggestions would be really helpful! Online is proving rather unhelpful.
My current cat also came from overseas and she took some time to adjust to everything in the house. The weather here is very dry and she went from summer to winter which caused some initial stress. I learned from that and so anything I can do that will help clean the space and make it as smooth a transition as possible for our new kitty addition will be very helpful! Especially since my current cat has a very sensitive nose which I assume runs true for most Raggies. Thanks for your help! ”

I had no idea, so I asked if she wanted me to post on Facebook and she did – so I did:


Needy Ragdoll Cat

Rose wrote in about her Ragdoll cat, Charlie:

“My 5 year old Ragdoll Charlie has been very needy lately. Please keep in mind he has 24/7 companionship with my very active/fit 87-year-old Mom & my two other cats who all live with me. He has a ton of toys & cat trees, scratchers, etc….

My work & personal schedule has been extra busy lately and I feel that is why he’s meowing/crying so much when I come home.

I have been putting in longer hours at my office and spending 1 to 2 nights per week away from my home at my boyfriend’s house.

Is there anything you could suggest to make him stop meowing/crying?”

I replied:

“I don’t – other than give him attention, play with him, feed him and then maybe he’ll stop – if it’s something medical, though, that’s a different story.

Do you want me to ask on Floppycats Facebook?”

Rose was curious about other people’s opinions, so I asked on Facebook for her:


Ragdoll Cat Goes Into a Trance While Kneading

MJ wrote in asking, “I have a strange question….Bella Boy patty cakes with all four feet , he kinda goes into a trance, stands up, arches his back and does a pump or two…he has been fixed , but I still think it’s sexual…one of his back legs acts like it’s unhinged, like out of control…weird…what do you think.”

I replied: “I always think Charlie gets a little sexual too – but the truth is, I don’t really know. So I asked on Facebook for you – hoping one of the readers there has an idea or two.”


Enjoy reading common reader inquiries?  Check out more of our Ask US Anything here: Ask US Anything



No comments

Powered by Blogger.